Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grandma Smith's Crochet

I've completed my project to document Grandma Eva Smith's crochet legacy, beginning with my November 10, 2008 post . This represents a project that has spanned decades as I found the time to work on it. I've examined samples of Grandma Smith's crochet and developed written patterns for them. Each blog posting beyond the first few introductory posts is a different pattern and the pictures with each pattern are the samples I worked to test the patterns. You can browse the patterns sequentially starting from the introduction, or hop around by viewing the November 2008 blog archive list on the right side of the screen - just click on the little triangle next to 'November' and the list of items in the archive will appear ... just remember the chronologically first item is at the bottom of the list and the last is at the top.



I welcome any comments and suggestions.

I welcome any additions to the pattern collection - in order to develop the patterns I can work from detailed closeup scans or photographs, but the best is to work by inspecting the actual article. I promise to return any items sent to me. Please send me an email if you wish to contribute. I thank all of you who who have already provided samples for me to work with (Mama, Patty, Aunt Bernie, Peggy).

If you knew Grandma and would like to reflect on any memories of her and contribute to the post on November 10, 2008 just go ahead and drop a comment into that post directly, or email me separately and I'll put it in for you (I'm sorry, but to avoid spammers I won't put my email address here; several family members already know my email address).

...In loving memory of Grandma Smith

No comments: